- Authored California’s Homeowners Bill of Rights (SB 900) in 2012: the first law of its kind in the nation, giving homeowners protection from fraud in foreclosure proceedings; HBOR reduced the state’s foreclosure rate by 28% in the first year it became effective.
- Authored and co-authored numerous pieces of legislation protecting mobile home owners. Got the first ever such legislation (AB 1542) to the Governor’s desk. Named GSMOL’s Legislator of the Year in 2009.
- Authored legislation to save Spud Point Marina.While serving as a member of the Coastal Conservancy, supported funding to build and provide signage for portions of the California Coastal Trail.
- Preservation Ranch-- testified before the CA Coastal Conservancy and supported the$25 million purchase of this land to prevent forest to vineyard conversions.
- Sonoma County beach fees—in 2012, Noreen had numerous discussions with Governor Brown and the State Parks Director opposing State Parks’ proposal for installing fee collection facilities at beaches in Sonoma and Mendocino Counties.
- Noreen worked with Supervisor Carrillo’s office and the California Coastal Conservancy on securing $91,000 for the Laguna Foundation to remove a cattle crossing, and for the restoration of 5 acres of riparian vegetation at Irwin Creek.
- Authored AB 98 reinstating a state tax credit for landowners donating land for a local park.In 2009, Noreen prevented the closure of 223 state parks, including 5th District
- Parks: Armstrong Redwoods, Austin Creek and Fort Ross State Parks.Assisted Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods to enter into an agreement with
- State Parks to operate Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve and Austin Creek State Recreation Area.Obtained funding for restoration and repair projects at Fort Ross State Parks. Supported Sonoma County Regional Parks’ Matching Grant request for $1,125,000 to create a much needed park in the Moorland Avenue neighborhood.
- In 2013, authored SB 241 and SB 599 to stabilize funding for state parks and require documentation for any future proposals to close state parks.
- Wrote legislation that would have required labeling of foods with GMOs
- Co- Authored The Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, or Assembly Bill AB 32, the first law of its kind that fights climate change by establishing a comprehensive program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from all sources throughout the state.
- Authored AB 1063 empowering BOS to protect farmland and open space by extending the SCAPOSD tax, enabling the preservation of Jenner Headlands. Co-authored SB 670 banning suction dredging on the Russian River. Prevented aerial spraying of pesticides to eradicate Light Brown Apple Moth. Blocked Governor Schwarzenegger’s proposal to renew off-shoring drilling.
- Authored AB 323 allowing wineries to donate product to non-profit organizations
- Roseland Creek Elementary School--the school needed to complete a sidewalk project that would have prevented the school from opening its doors on time. Senator Evans immediately reached out to the Director of California Department of Transportation and found a way to fund much of the necessary construction costs.
- Restored funding for rural school bus service after Governor Brown eliminated it.
- Obtained over $10 million in funding for SMART to complete the rail line to the Larkspur Ferry Terminal and to build a passenger terminal at the Sonoma County Airport. *Noreen was also an honorary co-chair of the campaign to pass SMART.
- Authored AB 1470 enabling wineries to have off-site tasting rooms in city centers, and preserving agriculture lands and rural character.
- Authored and co-authored numerous pieces of legislation to improve the foster care system and protect foster children.
- Co-authored legislation to create universal healthcare in California
- Authored AB 2757 which reduced costs for community clinics by streamlining the application process for providing on-site laboratory services.
- Authored AB 1318, consolidating the offices of Auditor-Controller and Treasurer- Tax Collector and allowing Sonoma County to appoint, rather than elect, the Treasurer
- Prevented defunding of Healthy Families, food stamps, IHSS, CalWORKS.
For more info see Noreen's campaign site at http://www.noreenforsupervisor.com/